10.30.2019

Halloween

I'm not going to lie. Life has been extremely overwhelming lately. The littlest things feel almost impossible to accomplish every day, and many days have been a harsh fight for life.

As things continued to get worse and as Halloween came closer and closer, I finally accepted the fact that I couldn't make cute Halloween costumes and I couldn't coordinate our family to have some fun theme this year. In some ways, this was and still is incredibly frustrating to me, because it's something I've always loved and enjoyed doing with my family. But when I went to the thrift store to buy whatever random costumes were left, I reassured myself that this is really a win, a huge mental health win. I'm taking care of myself and my family all at the same time in the best way that I know how given my current circumstances. I'm succeeding by recognizing my limits and adjusting accordingly.

I really hope to be more motivated and able to enjoy things like this again next year, but if not, I will remind myself then just like I remind myself now that ultimately my family needs me, and if that means letting go of some things to relieve stress and anxiety and exhaustion, then that is what I will do.

Not to mention, how cute are my little witch and Dumbo?! 😍

No comments:

Post a Comment