9.07.2021

Our Anniversary

When Kyle and I were married 8 years ago, our sealer recited this poem to us.  I don’t know how he could possibly have known how much we would need this reminder about storms of darkness and beautiful light, but I do know that this poem describes with exactness what it has been like being married to Kyle.  He has re-lit my lamp more times than either of us can count.  He has been here through every episode of intense darkness and has celebrated with me in the times of light.  A lot of things feel uncertain to me right now, but I do know without a doubt that he will always be mine and hold me in his arms, and that brings me comfort and peace.  

I met a stranger in the night,

Whose lamp had ceased to shine;

I paused and let him light

His lamp from mine.

A tempest sprang up later on,

And shook the world about,

And when the wind was gone,

My lamp was out.

But back came to me the stranger—

His lamp was glowing fine;

He held the precious flame

And lighted mine.

- Lon Woodrum

No comments:

Post a Comment