4.18.2017

That We Might Have Joy: Tracy's Story

The pivotal moment when my life forever changed was on May 31, 2011.

It was after 7:00 pm. The whole day I felt as if something was wrong.  Leading up to this, I had had many premonitions preparing me for the tsunami of what was coming.  Looking back, I knew something was wrong, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

I was 38 years old raising 4 young children at home and married to the man of my dreams.  Life was great.  We were so happy, and I had everything I had ever wanted or dreamed of.



It was late at night, when two police officers knocked on my door. They gave me the devastating news that my husband and best friend of 20 years had been killed in a car accident. I couldn't breathe.  My world crumbled, and I felt hollow and empty inside. I broke. I felt like I was free-falling off a cliff. In a room full of people, I felt so alone. I was scared, lost, and alone. My worst fear came true, and I was a wreck.

After the funeral and as the weeks turned into months, I fell into a deep depression.  I felt hopeless, and it was hard to go on without him. I was in a fog and a pit I couldn't get out of.  It was hard to wrap my head around everything that was happening. I went through a period where I lost literally everything. I hit rock bottom. I spent years trying to come to grips with everything that happened.  The first year was a blur, but over time it started to get better, although the hole and loss were always there.

I decided it was time to let it all go and that I needed to move on and find the happiness I knew my husband would want for me. I took a journey inward on a path of what many call a spiritual awakening and found within me a deep sense of self and love of my Maker and that God loves us and allows us to have these challenges so we can grow.

I have found joy in the journey and have turned a corner.  It is my desire to help others who also struggle with trials in their life.

I have turned my pain into the fuel for my new project. I desire to help other singles like me.


When I decided it was time to start dating again, and after I felt whole, I began the daunting process. After I began dating again. I ran into catfish, bots, scams, impostors, creepers, sex offenders, and convicted felons. I kept saying there has to be something better out there! No one had the security I was looking for an online dating site.  No other dating site was addressing the problems or offering any real solutions. I was fed up, to put it mildly, so I came up with a solution.

I needed to be that someone! I closed my late husband's business and partnered up with some industry leaders to launch www.DatingUp.net.  We screen for scammers, cat-fishing, robots, sex offenders, and convicted felons, while confirming each person's identity.

This is my short video of the story behind my why behind starting this project.


It is my mission to help single parents with safety and secure online dating, so they can focus on love, finding a companion, and not playing detective each time they want to go out on a date. We are a site focused on real people and real relationships. I took control of the situation and desire to make it better for others who want and desire to find love again. The real kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment