11.19.2021

Healing Process

 The healing process is so interesting. I know that I am healing, because my heart is feeling pain again from all that it experienced. I couldn't feel pain for a long time, because I was in the middle of trying to simply survive such a terrifying battle. Now it feels like my emotions are the water in a fire hose, except the fire hose only has a little garden hose head on it, so the pressure builds up inside until it nearly explodes out in tears. Kyle is always willing to patiently listen to my throbbing heart, and I am working hard with a counselor to overcome all of this. While I wish that the pain could somehow instantly be removed and I could feel nothing but peace, I know what a critical step this is in the healing process. It's part of coming back to life. Kyle compares it to a foot falling asleep because of lack of circulation. When you reposition and the blood flows back into the foot, it hurts like being poked with a bunch of little needles, but that's just a short time before having normal feeling back in your foot. This is the pain leading to such a long, happy life to come. And yes, we like analogies 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment