9.18.2017

That We Might Help

Several times in the last few months, this idea has come to my mind of extending my project and creating a branch called "That We Might Help."  Basically the thought that I've had repeatedly is that so many people have shared stories about infertility, death of a loved one, various health issues, etc, many of which I have not personally faced.  Often times when someone around me is facing something difficult that I've never experienced before, I don't know what to do or say, so I either do or say nothing at all because I don't know what would be helpful, or I try to do something but I end up doing and saying all the wrong things.  As a result, I want to finally launch this secondary project as a way of gaining understanding from those who experience different challenges than mine of how I can help someone else going through a trial similar to theirs.  I'm not sure how often I will share posts of this nature, because my primary focus is still sharing stories of finding joy through the challenges of this life, but I hope this secondary project will help us all have a better understanding of what we can do to help someone facing a challenge that is beyond anything we have experienced for ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment