9.29.2017

My "Miracle" Week

Sometimes I like to jokingly tell my husband that I am the proof that miracles still happen when I do something extra spectacular for the day, like deep clean the bathroom or wash, fold, and put away the laundry all in one day.  I know, super impressive!  But seriously, some days when I am struggling, this seems like as good of a miracle as healing the blind.  This week has been an entire miracle week.  Do you want to know why?  Drum roll please....

I went to the gym and worked out EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

Now before you think that I'm pathetic (ok I probably am pathetic, but hear me out), I have to tell you this.  I know exercising is good, especially for mental health, but it has been one of the very hardest things to do in the last year.  I mean, some days getting out of bed and eating is hard, so working out seems completely impossible.

After last week kicking me down, I decided that I needed to do something.  I couldn't let myself stay as far down as I had fallen.  So... I got a membership to the YMCA.  Several people at my church have one and go regularly, so I figured they could help push me and encourage me to follow through with my goal to exercise.

This week has been a good week.  For the first few days, I didn't have the weight of darkness making everything difficult.  Later in the week, I had some very thick darkness again, but I still managed to exercise (even when Kyle was traveling for work!)  Now I have officially worked out more in this last week than I have in the whole last year... I know it's terrible!  But I'm not going to focus on how long it has been that I have been trying and failing.  I'm going to focus on my miracle for this week.  I did something that would have seemed impossible even a month ago.  I finally did it, and now next week I can do it again!

Related image

No comments:

Post a Comment