11.01.2016

Thankful

I posted this on Facebook yesterday, because it is how I felt.  I wanted to put it here so that I can find it later and remember to be thankful for depression and all that it teaches me.

"Recently, every time I am having a bad day with depression, I say a prayer thanking Heavenly Father for the gift that depression is. I thank Him that it allows me to understand other people better and that it motivates me to want to help. I thank Him that I get to have a small glimpse of Gethsemane and get to come closer to the Savior. I thank Him that it makes me appreciate my husband even more for the light that he is in my temporarily dark world. I thank Him for the growth that I get to experience and for the opportunity to become more Christlike through my own small suffering. Truly, depression is a gift and I am blessed to be a recipient!"

No comments:

Post a Comment