4.26.2022

Freedom from Medication Addiction

I wasn't going to share this, but quite honestly, I need all the love and support and understanding I can get right now. I am in the process of slowly going off a medication that my body is highly dependent on. I hate to use the word addiction, but that might be accurate. Tapering down causes great anxiety, insomnia, headaches, and a whole other plethora of possible symptoms that I'm hoping to avoid. The worst part for me is the anxiety. It brings back floods of memories that terrify me. This is going to be a long process that will take a few months. I'm only on day 4, and it is getting harder by the day. In the research I've done, there are certain peaks and then things level out some before the next taper. I'm hoping today is the worst of this round and then things will gradually start to improve again. I'm taking some supplements to try to help with the withdrawal and hoping they are truly helping. It's just so hard. A medication that I was once forced to rely on to control the level of anxiety I was enduring is now causing similar anxiety again as I try to break free from it. I'm counting my blessings that my dose and amount of time I've been on that dose are relatively small. And now I'm praying with all my heart that I can have the strength to get through this tumultuous time. These people, along with so many good friends, give me strength and help me navigate life through all that it brings our way.


No comments:

Post a Comment