3.06.2019

Surviving

Lately, we have spent a lot of days just surviving. That's not my favorite way to live, but sometimes that's all I can manage. A few mornings ago, I was feeling really down about my lack of ability to do anything more than the bare minimum right now. Brooklyn crept into my room and got under the covers with me to snuggle. I asked her, "Am I a bad mom?" She looked super confused. She said, "No. You're my good mom." I followed up with asking how she knows that I love her. She replied, "Because you snuggle with me while we watch movies together." It brought tears to my eyes that what I saw as us watching way too many movies while the minutes slowly pass by until Kyle gets home, she saw as us snuggling and spending time together. Today is a surviving day, but we've snuggled a lot, so I guess it's a successful day too.


No comments:

Post a Comment