5.17.2017

Happy Half Birthday Project!

It has been 6 months since I started my "That We Might Have Joy" project, and it has changed my life forever.

These are the things I've learned so far:
  • Everyone struggles with something, even though our struggles may be very different and we may seem to have it all together on the outside.
  • Finding joy is a difficulty everyone faces, and yet, it is possible to find joy in every circumstance.
  • Sharing our stories of triumph over struggle helps others to find joy and strength through their own trials.
  • We are stronger than we ever knew possible, and we find our strength when we go through difficult things.
  • We can do hard things!  Especially when we are doing hard things together.
Of course, the number of people reading these stories means nothing as far as how inspiring and uplifting they are compared to others, but I wanted to share the Top 10 Most-Read Stories, in case some people haven't been able to read all of them and want to go back to read some of the most-read ones.  



  1. Julianne's Story-- finding joy through the death of her two year old son who was hit by a car
  2. Rachel's Story-- finding joy through putting her baby up for adoption
  3. Tiffany's Story-- finding joy through the death of her two year old son who drowned in the washing machine
  4. Marion's Story-- finding joy through the death of her baby girl who was shaken by her husband
  5. Emalee's Story-- finding joy through postpartum anxiety
  6. Olivia's Story-- finding joy through miscarriage
  7. Britt's Story-- finding joy through adoption (the other side of Rachel's story)
  8. Cathy's Story-- finding joy through infertility and adoption
  9. Lindsay's Story-- finding joy through infertility
  10. April's Story-- finding joy through the death of her premature daughter


P.S.  Yesterday was a day for the books!  I felt like myself for an entire day!!!!  I wanted to do things and to be productive.  I felt so much love and other good, positive emotions.  I remembered that I used to make to do lists (haven't done that in 7 months), and I wanted to make one, because I actually wanted to fit more into my day.  I got quite a bit done during the day and didn't feel overwhelmed about any of it.  I acted silly and weird with my husband (always a sign that things are going well).  I remembered how journal writing used to be a thing for me, and I wanted to start doing that again soon.  I wanted to take my medicine (huge thing!!!), because I felt great hope that life can be good again, and I will want to experience it.  I made a plan for baking with my daughter this week, something we have not done in months.  I felt like I truly love being a mom and want to be the best mom I can be.  I felt happy-- real, genuine happiness.  Now, I know it will be a long time before I can get back to where I was, because I have lots of healing/recovering to do and I have to take things slow, but yesterday was a breath of fresh air in helping me realize that I will get there again.  I'm determined to overcome this monster, and I really believe that will happen.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds wonderful!! I love you!!! 😘👏💗💞

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear about your great day!

    ReplyDelete